Tuesday, April 2, 2013

5th Hot Air Balloon Festival at Putrajaya

Alright! Hello April! I'm greeting you with this updated Hot Air Balloon Festival that I went over the weekend! It has been held every year and this year I decided to check it out with the BFF.

It's quite a good experience becox I never see an actual hot air balloon up close or ride on one. Though I did not take any rides this time either. If you have missed out this year's one, check it out next year!

It was a 3 day event but I picked Saturday to visit the place. The plan is get there in the evening, snap the hot air balloons flying, wait for the night glow and fireworks. Cool right?! Here's how the actual day went with lots of pictures.

RAIN!!! Before I even step foot out of my door during the evening. I figure the rain will be a short one so didn't care and just went out anyway. Picked up the BFF and head to Putrajaya. Lucky the rain had stopped already. Meet snailyin there as well to have some photography session.

First hot air balloon we saw is a pink one! I have already forgotten about the rain LOL! It was about time the balloonist set up the balloons for the night glow.


There were a lot of people showing up for this event. Check out this green one here... the blue one is Disney's latest movie - Oz The Great and Powerful. I couldn't get the balloon to turn and snap the design on it. #Failed You can also see the famous Putrajaya bridge from a far.
Btw, there will be quite a number of fail attempts for pretty picture during this photography session. Please bare with me showing you amateurs noob pictures.
#FailedAttempt1 for night mode
OK attempt?
There are a lot of other side activities beside seeing hot air balloons during the event. So, guess what's she's doing?
Clueless? Can't guess? She's making huge bubbles!!! So fun!
Spot the bubble everyone is looking at. More #FailedAttempt2
One of the main balloons we want to check out is the Smurf one! The ballonist are getting ready for the night glow now. You can check out each balloon and the ballonist profile *here*.
#FailedAttempt3
Basically night glow is each balloon will light up following the music beats. Quite cool! It's like they slowly dancing and bumping each other.


So we were enjoying the show while waiting for the fireworks. Snailyin who came last year knew that the fireworks will be setting right behind these balloons. We found a nice spot, set up the tripod and camera and waited.

The emcee suddenly yell/scream, the next thing I knew was the fireworks had came. 

Well... it came alright, juussst right on top of the balloons!!! 
There you go.... can you see anything? I quickly ran to a more visible directions only to get more #FailedAttempt4, 5, 6!
There were people blocking, I wasn't tall enough, not enough space to set the tripod properly, most of all... lamppost and signs blocking me!!!!!
See.... more signs and lamppost
AND... bigger signs!!!!
Most of all, the fireworks wasn't that much and it only happened a short while. That' the end of the wait D= 

Oh well, maybe next year then. We decided to stay for awhile more to try our luck with more picture shooting.
#FailedAttempt7
The hot air balloon rides were still carry on becox the queue was too long and the last of the line was only able to get their rides after the show. Crazy right?
Checking out the balloon very up close! The heat was a bit crazy for me. Up, up and there they fly... just for a few stories high and back down they come.
This is the view when you are on the Putrajaya bridge
#FailedAttempt8
The bridge changes colour now and then. Pretty? I don't think I fail for these pictures right? The picture below is when you stand right beneath the bridge.
#FailedAttempt9 apparently, there are boat ride in Putrajaya
 
See anything funny in this picture? But it's also consider a #FailedAttempt10 though it's was an interesting accidental shoots.

A little girl was blowing bubbles beside me an there were some slight wind. I just snap along. I had fun snapping it although I'm very noob at it, you'll see why.
#FailedAttempt11
#FailedAttempt12
End of the visit, ciao balloon festival and Putrajaya. Nitez peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment