Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Antipodean Cafe

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, that what they say but how many of you actually fit breakfast in your busy everyday life? 

Come on! Do you think I was that serious? I just wanted to do a serious introduction LOL Anyways, I love having breakfast! A full breakfast keeps the day going and you feel more cheerful too.

Breakfast + Coffee = 

Finally! I found a place that you can have really good hearty breakfast and tasteful coffee ALL DAY LONG! Yup! You heard me! ALL DAY LONG!!! It's really difficult to find places which server breakfast all day long. I'm blessed!
Packs of coffee beans and rows of cookies and cake at the counter
Salads and fruits in the beautiful counter fridge display
The place which I have been blabbering about is Antipodean Cafe. Antipodean Cafe is originally from Sydney, Australian and has branch out to Indonesia and Malaysia. The cafe mainly brings in and roast different varieties of coffee from their very own Merdeka Coffee.

Choices of coffee beans are as such Aceh Arabic, Kopi Lawak, Bali Kintamani Arabica, Ngobo Estate Arabica, Sumatra Mandehling, Flores Arabica, Java Village and so on.
Latte
Ngobo Estate Brewed Coffee (11 year old coffee bean)
This place is PACK! You better get their early or you have to wait for a long queue. Of course, their service is good. If there's a lot of guest at the place, there's a waiting area for you to wait. Even your kids has their waiting area or play area so that they won't get so bored with the adults.
TOO CUTE!
The kids area is just next to the waiting area and they were playing Toy Story so I wasn't bored of waiting either. *oops*
  Full House 
Menu is on the big blackboard for everyone to order from. I think is pretty cool and eco-friendly too, no more printing menus. 
Menu 1
Menu 2
Fortunately the queue wasn't really long and I got my table very soon. I love it before I was seated the waiter brings a glass of fresh flowers on the table. It just boosted up my mood.
Flowers on the table
Now! Raving part of the breakfast served here. Portion is HUGE and they even let you order extras! Ridiculous right? *ahem* I did order extras *shy*
All Day Breakfast
My favourite is the butter with toast, scramble eggs and bacon. How is this not to die for? The scramble eggs are smooth and milky, makes me hungry now. Butter with toast is the best here because it can go with everything you have on the plate and the crust comes with sesame and nuts. Arrggg.... drooling....
Hashbrowns
They have a few other combinations you want to get for your All Day Breakfast or Big Breakfast. Hashbrowns is one of it. Don't you think the hushbrowns is the cutest hushbrown you ever seen? There's choices of pork sausage (sorry the place is non halal), mushrooms, more bacons, etc.
Banana and Butterscotch Pancake
Initially I wanted to try either the cookies or cakes they have but I was seated right in front of the blackboard menu. While I was enjoying my food, I glance through the menu to check out what other food they serve. My eyes just falls on the Banana and Butterscotch Pancake and ordered more. 

Butterscotch with banana pancake taste just right, the sweetness of the butterscotch doesn't overwhelm the banana.

The place serve fusion food and western food other than just the western breakfast I wanted to try to most. I  do come across some pastas, Vietnamese Beef noodles (fried one), Double Salmon Fishcake, Red Soup *wonder*, Kiwi Lamb Burger *a must try next visit*.

I will definitely be hanging out at this place more. Just one down side of the place is the crowd keeps coming and you can't really sit too long to enjoy your coffee with a book. Unless you go at the non peak hours which I doubt it will also be pack XD

Address:
20, Jalan Telawi 2,
Bangsar Baru,
KL
Phone: 03 22820411

No comments:

Post a Comment