Monday, February 24, 2014

Sekinchan & Fisherman Village

We will always have mini local trips, during Glyn's annual visits to KL from UK. So, last year he came end of April and we thought one of the best place to bring him around was Sekinchan & Fisherman Village.

I, myself have not been to Sekinchan too, but I did long to visit this place. Never I seen so much greenery paddy fields in my life. It was such a different scenic and to getaway from the city for just a day. If you want to see green and gold colours of paddy end of April is one of the best times. Fully golden bloom will be in May.

Well, don't want to blabber so much and just want to spam pictures. I tried my best ;)
Does it look like it comes from a movie?
The sky was so clear with all white fluffy clouds shining at the greens below. Nice? I love this picture a lot!
Erm.. Glyn said this is some insect's egg and it's pink.
A snail lurking underwater
***Picture credits to LiJing
The road less taken
Window's wallpaper?
Paddy flower
We also visited the paddy/rice factory. The weather was so hot, so we ate ice-creams!
 
 This is not your normal drive way, guess what is it? 
It's a freaking huge weighting machine! It's to weight the rice that's transporting out of the factory.

After taking in this green scenery, we were a bit hungry so we headed to the fisherman village. Explore a bit and have lunch.
Grass on the roadside
If my memory serves me right, I think there's either a fish or a crab here. Or is just me trying to take artsy picture of rubbish and sticks.
Fishing nets and very thick ropes
Backbone of a boat
I want to share some of LiJing's picture. Does my picture comes any close to his?
It looks so much lively than mine.
***Picture credits to LiJing
Taking the road less taken
***Picture credits to LiJing
Looks more like a hair commercial than focusing on the green paddy field? *wink wink*
***Picture credits to LiJing
Group pic! Everyone was just goofing around
***Picture credits to LiJing
Lunch time! I don't remember the name of this restaurant but it's located opposite the row of shop lots in the fisherman village. It's the second lane of the fisherman village. This fried squid is soooo good.
Bitter gourd with salted egg 
Kungpo chicken, I think
Super love this fried mantis shrimp
I really enjoyed this mini trip a lot, great scenery, great companies and good food. What else can you ask for a getaway day trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment