Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Marmite Chicken

Marmite... is either a love or hate relationship. When I was a child, my grandma used to add Marmite into warm water and made me drink it as a soup. I sometimes like it and sometimes I don't because the flavour is too bland (if add less) but too strong (if add too much).

There are a lot of Chinese restaurants in Malaysia used Marmite to create a dish. Be it Marmite Chicken, Marmite Crab and etc. It's all delicious. However, Marmite is used a bit differently in UK. I got to know that my friends in UK used Marmite to spread on toast! That's weird but when I told them that we have Marmite Chicken in Malaysia they gave me the same response. So, I wiped up a dish of Marmite Chicken last night to let them try.

*** This recipe serves 3-4 person ***

Ingredients:
2 pieces of chicken thighs
1/3 cup of water
1/2 tbs dark soy sauce
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs honey
2 tbs Marmite
A dash of pepper

Marinate:
1/2 tbs dark soy sauce
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs honey
2 tbs Marmite
a dash of pepper

Method:

  • Cut the 2 pieces of chicken thighs into cubes.
  • Mix all of the marinate ingredients with the chicken cubes together. Leave it to marinate for an hour or more.
  • Heat up the pan, add a bit of oil in the pan.
  • Add the marinated chicken cubes into the pan and stir fry them on all sides.
  • Add water. (If you want the dish to be sweeter, add another 1 tbs of honey together with the water.)
  • Stir to mix. 
  • Leave it to shimmer until the sauce thickens. 
  • Season it for taste.

Marmite Chicken
The Brits loves it! Glad that they like it =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment