Saturday, April 24, 2010

Summer Movies

Is the time of the year again, SUMMER! I love Summers! Its because Summer has all the big blockbuster movies. This year will be a great Summer Marathon for Movies! I started off with watching Ice Kacang Puppy Love and Kick Ass. OK, I know Ice Kacang Puppy Love can't consider as a blockbuster movie but is a local production and it's really good, so need to give some support also. I mean, Summer does has a feeling of L.O.V.E so it should be included in my this year's Summer Movies list.

 Ice Kacang Puppy Love 初恋红豆冰

This movie is shoot locally in Penang and is directed by AhNiu 阿牛 陈庆祥 which is his childhood memory of himself in Penang. AhNiu had some Mega Malaysian Superstars to participate in this movie. The Best Actress Award Winning Lee Xin Jie, famous Superstars Singers like Fish Leong, Gary Chaw, Victor Wong, Nicolas Teo, and Penny Tai. There is also the not forgotten superstar like Angela Chan Mei Ngor and Eric Moo. I was shocked and amazed when I saw them on screen.
The movie is based during the 80's in just a small town where everyone knows everyone. Where kids just have simple yet fun games to play with like playing just marbles and fighting fish and where adults hang out at Kopitiam and gossips and so on. It brings up a lot of childhood memories cos nowadays kids toys are PSP, hand phones, laptops and a lot of technology gadgets their parents could afford for them. Life is not as simple as it used to be anymore. As what the movie is named as, it includes a lot of L.O.V.E such as Puppy Love, Parental Love, Admirer Love and Friendship Love. I teared when I watch the ending. It's those kind of bitter sweet love story ending so, be sure to bring along your hankie. There is also some funny moments in the movie, be sure not to choke yourself. I won't mention about the synopsis of the movie cos you probably already know or had already search for it and I don't want to ruin the movie for you. You have to watch it yourself! 
Other than the mega cast of superstar, the movie is directed beautifully and perfectly with all the olden shop lots, houses and coffee shops and how the story was told is really really really beautiful, its a piece of art work. Thumbs up for AhNiu!  

 Kick Ass

Kick Ass is actually based on a comic book written by Mark Millar & John Romita Jr. It is directed by Matthew Vaughn who gave us StarDust in 2007.  It's definitely not a parody movie but the name of the movie does gave me such a though when I first heard it. With Nicolas Cage staring, it won't go wrong, that's one of the reasons I went to watch this movie.
The story is about a teenager that wants to be a hero but fail stupidly after he meet Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) and Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz). Hmm...I don't know why Big Daddy's costume looks like Batman, it's one of the funny part for me. Hit Girl is the one that kick the most ass! I'm very impress of her character and I like her purple wig costume.

Well, every comic needs to have at least one villein, in Kick Ass the main bad guy is Frank D'Amico (Mark Strong) who is a drug leader of a local crime and his son who later became Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). The movie is quite violent especially Hit Girl cos she's just a kid but she could kick ass and play with weapons! She is not your typical 11 year old girl who likes dolls and dress up. But I like her so much! *claps* Well, you'll know how the story goes. It does have a tiny bit feeling of Spiderman's plot, just a tiny bit. But it does have more action than Spiderman (not those kind of action), I meant REAL action, a lot of shooting, bombing and explosion kind of action. The ending of the movie is not predictable with of course a bit of twist that you may think there will be a Kick Ass Part 2. Overall, it is a good movie. 

Till then my next Summer Movie Marathon will be Ironman 2 and Ipman 2. Both very anticipated movies, just hope there will not be disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment