Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hokkaido Santouka Ramen

Met when BFF last Thursday night at Pavillion Tokyo Street again. We were quite ambitious to try most of the restaurants at this section of Pavillion. We already tried En Ginza Cafe two weeks ago and last week we tried Hokkaido Santouka Ramen!

There are a lot of good reviews for Hokkaido Santouka Ramen, so we just wanted to try out is it as good as the review. I was at the restaurant quite early to beat the long queue. Two weeks ago, me and BFF wanted to tried the Ramen first but the queue was just too long so we gave up and tried others.

As I was there waiting for BFF to arrive, I just lazily snapped some pictures. They have a big wooden sign crafted with the name of the restaurant on it. I'm curious how it should be read. Backwards or from right to left??
You know Chinese readings, during the old dynasty they all read from right to left. Only now, it's read from left to right. For me, I'm sure that name of the restaurant should be read backwards because there's signature at the end of the name. Of course, the name translation of the restaurant has already given out the answer - Santouka.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do reckon that the name of the restaurant is read "山头火", instead of "火头山". Ok, I know I'm blabbering, shall stop now and head to the good stuff.
I'm correct, right?
Half an hour later, BFF finally arrived. I was already hungry when I was in the restaurant and I was even more hungry WHILE waiting in the restaurant! Once you walk into the restaurant, there's a strong aroma of noodle soup surrounding the place. THAT's what's makes me even more hungry! @.@

The menu they provided wasn't a full menu yet. There are still a lot of items which are not available yet. BFF and I just went straight to their Star Product Tokusen Toroniku Ramen (Premium Pork Cheek Ramen) We ordered a bowl to share!


They have different soup base to choose from Shio (Salt), Miso (Soy Bean Paste), Shoyu (Soy Sauce) to Kara-Miso (Spicy). Portion of Ramen comes in Small, Medium and Large. 


There's less Shio Ramen in the market so me and BFF ordered a Large bowl of Shio Ramen with their Star Product Tokusen Toroniku Ramen (Premium Pork Cheek Ramen)
Star Product Tokusen Toroniku Ramen (Premium Pork Cheek Ramen)
It was mindblogging! The Premium Pork Cheek! So Tender! So Smooth! So Soft! So Flavour (by itself)! Mixing it with the Shio soup and Ramen is absolutely ichiban! Is either me or the pork! I have never tasted such delicious pork! Or at least this part of a pork! It's just ZOMG feeling when you place it into your mouth!

The Shio soup is just milky and tasted just right. Although it's a salty base soup, it's not salty at all. It does reminds me of home cook pork herbs soup, just that the herbs taste is very mild. To know more about how their soup is made, here's how they made it.
Serve with pickled plum, bamboo shoots, jelly ears and fish cake <3
The texture of the Ramen is thick, chewy and not soggy at all. I hate it when my noodles are soggy. You can just take your time to chew on your Ramen with the Premium Pork Cheek!
They added sesame into the soup which makes it even more fragrant! I added some spicy flakes just to have more 'kick' of flavors. This large portion of Ramen is just nice for me and BFF for sharing.  


I will definitely go and tried again when they have the full menu ready. Though the price is a weee... bit pricey but you are having Premium Pork Cheek, so let's not judge it with a price.


Hokkaido Santouka Ramen
P6.24.03, Level 6,
Tokyo Street,
Pavillion Kuala Lumpur,
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.  
Contact: 03-21438788

No comments:

Post a Comment