Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Garrett Popcorn & RT Pastry House's Hokkaido Soft Cake

There's a new buzz in town, that is Garrett Popcorn Shops. It is newly open in KLCC. It's arrival has been a crazy buzz and everyone just want to get a bite of it. After it's open for around a week, every time I passed by there's a crazy long queue.

I wanted to give it a try but the queue was just too long to wait. After two weeks of passing by, I can't resist the temptation and join in the queue as well.
I'm at the end of the line and the queue is a zig-zag line
It's was nearing the end of the day, the popcorns were running out. I was afraid that when it's my turn, they ran out of popcorns. Luckily, they 'pop' some more corns out for me when it was my turn and they ran out of  one of the flavours.
Sorry, I was too short to take a nice view of the flavours they got :(
These are the flavours you can get from Garrett Popcorn Shop. They have Chicago Mix (CheeseCorn and CaramelCrisp combo), CheeseCorn, CaremelCrisp, Plain, Butter, CaramelCrisp with Almond, CaramelCrisp with Cashew and CaramelCrisp with Macadamia.
That's what they say, unchanged for 60 years!
Chicago Mix
I got myself a small size Chicago Mix, what not a better way to try both flavours. It's a bit pricey for a bag of popcorn but after you have tasted it, it's all worth it. The size of a small bag of popcorn is bigger than your normal regular size of popcorn from the cinema.
CaramelCrisp
Add caption
Check out the size of the popcorn, it's definitely bigger than your normal size popcorn. All of the popcorns were coated evenly with Caramel and Cheese. The taste is indeed delicious. Caramel is not over sweet, Cheese taste like Twister Cheese LOL! I can't really finish a whole bag of it. I kept them in the fridge and the overnight Cheese taste so much better! Yumzz... I don't think I'll have cinema popcorns the same way anymore.

Address:
Suria KLCC:
Lot C151, Concourse Floor,
Suria KLCC,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

One Utama:
Lot G139B, Ground Floor, 
1Utama Shopping Centre, 
Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Ever since, I was introduce to RT Pastry House, I have never love a bakery shop so much that I could die for any of their breads or cakes.

If I were to be around one of RT Pastry House's branch, I would hop in and get me some breads for breakfast or some desserts.
Hokkaido Soft Cake
Recently, they have a new pasty - Hokkaido Soft Cake. I don't know is this seasonal or what but it was at the counter selling fast! I just have to get my hands on them. 
They look like muffin/bread. Aren't they look chio and tasty? It's strawberry flavour too! How Heavenly they sound!
Strawberry Custard Cream filling
I love them so much! The texture are puffy/fluffy that it's soft enough to melt in your mouth! The strawberry custard cream filling with sprinkle icing is really to die for! 

I wonder is this what they really have in Hokkaido for Winter dessert. LOL

Talking about it makes me miss having it, I want to get some more of it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for trying Garrett Popcorn! Glad you enjoyed the fluffy kernels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexa: You are welcome! Thank you too!

    ReplyDelete