Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie

How was your Xmas? Mine is plain simple and that's all I need. Wanted to have a Xmas-ish brunch, so headed down to Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie.
A bungalow bakery
There's a lot of raving about the place with it being a bakery that allows you to dine in and taste other than breads and pastries.  They do serve pastas, sandwiches, cakes, macarons, cookies, pralines and chocolates!

It was pack on Xmas day it self! Check out the full car park and the people squeezing around to get their favourite pastries.
I went a bit berserk when I saw the amount of choices for bread and pastries they have. I was erm... should I get this? This looks pretty? This looks delicious? Erm... Which should I get?

I end up having (clockwise) Chicken Pizza, Fruit Tart, Orange Tart and Mini Chocolate Croissant. The Chicken Pizza is not bad, Fruit Tart is something different, the custard is outside of the tart and it sits together with the fruits on top of a cake.

Orange Tart is my favourite, I thought there will be a bit of bitterness of orange but to my surprise it doesn't. It's the sweetest amount all I choose. The burn caramel is the bomb! *drooling now*

Mini Chocolate Croissant is delicious as well, if you know me well enough, you know how I love my chocolates. Enough said.
Had an extra Mentai Baguette, it's more of a savoury one after much sweetness. I love it! Never thought you can serve Mentai with bread. Though if it's heated before serving will be perfect.
Even though it's pack and difficult to find a place, was lucky enough to find a corner seat with a nice window view. One thing missing is birds chirping while I slowing sip my latte and reading a book.
Irish Latte
I didn't know you can get Irish Latte either. My utmost favourite latte is Hazelnut Latte, Irish Latte comes second. It tastes Baileys Irish Cream alike without the alcohol. It would be nice to have it in your coffee :P
Cafe Latte
Tried their original Cafe Latte, I guess Irish Latte is the winner already. Tasted slightly plain for my liking.
Seafood Spaghetti
They should label it SPICY to warn those who doesn't like 'hot' stuff. I didn't had much of it bcos it was too spicy, all I had in my mouth is 'hotness'! They do serve their seafood generously, look at how huge the prawns and squids are.
The upper floor of Levain
Levain's prices is slightly above average but it's quite worth and once in a while, why not slurp yourself for a good breakfast? After all, the best meal has to be breakfast to start your day.

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie
No. 7, Jalan Delima, 
55100 Kuala Lumpur.


Phone: +603 2142 6611
Email: info@levain.com.my
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment